Monday, August 30, 2010

It's Confirmed. I am a Catholic.

Saturday marked my first day as a full-blown Catholic. 27 years of yearning for the Eucharist, and I am finally able to receive the body & blood of Christ. Amazing! The whole experience was a bit surreal, and as history would have it, the Holy Spirit was definitely moving inside me. I am proud to report that I was able to hold it together and only had a few streamline tears (as opposed to large sobs) as I stood at the alter to be confirmed.

I felt so fortunate to share this monumental moment with my family and friends. I realized that I am blessed with an amazing circle of love that surrounds me and encourages me daily. I am also engulfed in a community of faith, hope, and love for Jesus which moves me each time I step foot onto the campus.

I was showered with gifts by my love, my family, and my friends. It is safe to say that I am covered in crosses to keep the devil away! All of my thoughtful gifts are gorgeous and special in their own way. I even have a new favorite bible passage (see below for details). Many blessings and much love to those that helped me along my journey and who will continue to support my walk in faith with God.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7



No comments:

Post a Comment