Thursday, July 8, 2010

Camping 101





If you know me, you know that camping is not my thing. Mainly because I do not care for dirt, and I am a bit too OCD for the likes of wilderness living. However, I shared the most amazing experience and vacation with the love of my life this past weekend.


We spent 4 days roughing it in the wild. We saw 3 National Parks. We emerged ourselves in dirt, water, sun, and sweat. We spent time listening to the sounds of birds, waterfalls, children playing, and roaring rapids. We enjoyed the silence and stillness of the abandoned land. We read. We laughed. We ate like kings & queens (nothing like charcoal grilled chicken and steak). We roasted marshmellows and munched on s'mores by the campfire. We slept in a tent and brushed our teeth with bottled water. But mostly, we grew to know one another a little more and to love each other in a stronger light.




Enjoy the pictures below!

Sequoia National Park & Kings Canyon National Park









1 comment:

  1. Wow - what an amazing trip. Oh, and I love your hiking boots:).

    ReplyDelete