Monday, April 19, 2010

The Changing of Seasons

As part of my "interview" phase with Ryan (**note I was not the interviewer but rather the interviewee), I was forced to endure a lot of physical pain, sweat, and outdoor activity. Truth be told, it has served me well in many arenas, and I have come to really enjoy our hobbies.

This past weekend, we had what I will call a "transition of seasons." With the sun peaking out more and more, snowboarding season is really coming to an end (insert sad face). To get one more run in, we headed up to Big Bear for a day sesh. The powder was pretty decent, and we enjoyed 5 hours of thrilling mountain riding. The views were spectacular as we rode the lift up...snow-capped mountains ahead with lake views and green hills behind.


Moving onto Sunday and into the "season of hiking." We made the PCH drive out past Malibu and into Ventura County, arriving at the Chumash Indian Trail just around 2:30pm. The Los Angeles Hikers' Guide warned us about the steep interface of the climb, the monsterous wildflowers, and the importance of caring a map for direction. They were spot on.


Once we trekked to the top peak, we dipped into a valley of gorgeous land. Land spread vastly across the hidden gem of Malibu. Tracks of mountain lions and florescent flowers made for fun sidebar convos.


So we concluded the weekend by designing our Summer Summit Series calendar. I can't help but laugh when I think back to January as we drove up to Mammoth for my first snowboarding experience. It was then that we made our "list o' stuff to do" for the year. I can recall Ryan having his turn and saying, "summit series" to which I casually put an * next to (asterisk meaning something he would be doing solo). Ironically, I think I might be more excited than him to take on this outdoors adventure.

If I had to guess, I'd say that I am getting an A+ in this interview.

3 comments:

  1. so glad you sent me this! Not sure if I should show Justin, after reading this post...he would be so JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, just wait until you see this Summit Series plan! He will be dying to move here...so maybe you should show him! Then we can lay on the beach and tan all year round :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty much obsessed with that idea and spa day every day....

    ReplyDelete