Sunday, November 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home

After a fun-filled weekend in the bluegrass state, I am back home in San Diego. I always find it to be a bittersweet experience when I visit Kentucky especially when the trip involves Lexington. I have so many memories from college where I spent a grave amount of time trying to 'figure myself out.'

While I was excited about the girls' trip, I was also apprehensive as all six of us can be quite domineering at times. But with great certainty, I can say that it was by far the best trip we have taken together. We conversed about adult issues. We laughed out loud about the past. We dealt with our awkward run-ins with grace. We visited our old spots. Most importantly, we enjoyed each other's company.

And as we each journeyed back to our respective places of residence, I was reminded of how amazing these girls truly are. I miss them dearly already, but I look forward to the next time that we get to see each other. In my latter years, I have come to geniunely appreciate the time we have together.

Until the next time ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment