Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Farewell to Mark & Bennett

For our last early morning, Mark & I took our time running along side the beach. There were more people out than normal on this gorgeous Tuesday morning. The sun glistened off the blue and green water. It was beautiful.

Traditionally, we used to play a set each Friday when he was homeschooled. So in honor of our goodbye, we set out to play the first to 6 games, win by 2. Half-way through the first game, my strings snapped. Comical. We spent the rest of the time attempting to break the remaining strings by hitting the ball as hard as we could.

A bit of confusion due to the Evans' School Thanksgiving assembly had us in a tizzy pertaining to the dress code. Typical. My last day wouldn't be able to run smoothly.

I am headed to watch my smiling (fake) children as they give THANKS for their many blessings. We have a fun filled afternoon planned: lunch @ UTC, ice skating, cupcakes, & hip hop class. I am attempting to keep their minds from realizing that this is our final day as nanny/kids.

But at the top of my list for giving thanks is their innocence as children and their ability to make me smile. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment