Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fruits of the Spirit

Today I began my 8 week women's bible study group. Technically it is not mine as in I am not hosting it, and I actually only know two women in the group. My boss invited me to join as they begin their new series, and I gleefully accepted. If my main goal in 2010 is to develop a closer relationship with God, I figured it never hurt to get a jump start on things.

Shannon, the pastor's wife, hosted the first meeting. Her modern home was welcoming and we sipped on coffee with a side of pastry. Despite being the only attendee who did not have kids, I seemed to fit right in.

Our series will be about 'fruits of the spirit.' I am delighted and intrigued to not only learn them but to also explore and implement them into my daily life. (Insert prayer for me to hold up my end of the bargain).

There are no pressures amongst these women as to impress or hold back (lucky for me because I am not good at either). There is an actual serenity and peace to the various backgrounds, personalities, and troubles of each of the women that I look forward to sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment