Sunday, May 22, 2022

40 Before 40: See the Ballet with Salem

Salem has been into dance for two years now, and she absolutely loves it. Partly because she is with Vivie, Jojo, & Theoline, and partly because I think she has that little dancing heart. When I was trying to decide what she would enjoy doing together as part of my year in spending quality time with those I love, I felt like seeing the ballet would be a treat.

Insert a beautiful ballet performance of Cinderella. Thanks to Lauren Schoen for pointing me in the direction, Salem & I were able to spend a magical afternoon watching the story of Cinderella as told by the art form of ballet. She was in 7th Heaven being front row and seeing the story unfold. She did NOT like the Evil Stepmother {and told her as much!}. She did find Cinderella to be absolutely beautiful and was amazed by the Prince dancing with her. And true joy was found in seeing some of the young performers her own age playing the mice, butterflies, and more.

The icing on the cake was being able to hop on stage post show and get photos with the performers. She went straight to Cinderella for a big hug & photo op. She also loved on the grasshopper, royal dancers, and of course Fairy Godmother.

Truly a magical afternoon with my little ballerina.


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment