Monday, January 16, 2023

40 Before 40: Go to a UK Basketball Game at Rupp


I’ve been a UK fan all my life, as far back as I can remember. My love started with my early childhood babysitter Natalie and quickly grew into an obsession. I can remember hiding in my basement for the 1996 UK/Duke Round of 16 game. Then siting on top of my kitchen counter in a sweat when they played the championship game. 

Many of my closest friends in college played on the basketball team~ Adam Chiles, Josh Carrier & Chuck Hayes. Chuck actually used to love to sing Boyz II Men songs to Jacky & I in our door room. We bonded over student-athlete life and all that comes with it. 

I was at the 2012 National Championships game when we defeated UL in the final four and then took down UConn handily. A trio of a lifetime. 

As I’ve become an adult, I’ve had the privilege of watching so many UK teams~ phenomenal athletes carrying so many hopes & dreams of Kentuckians on their backs.

But at the end of the day, there is no place like Rupp Arena!













 

No comments:

Post a Comment