Tuesday, August 16, 2022

40 Before 40: Play An Adult Tennis Tournament

 Tennis has been a part of my life since as far back as I can remember. Even when I didn’t play it competitively, I learned how to play for fun. I spent my childhood summers riding my bike to my grandparents’ house to watch them play with friends. The sport holds so many special memories and moments for me.

So when making my list of 40 Before 40, I wanted to incorporate tennis into the mix...but not just in any old way. I wanted to be able to compete~ to be part of a team playing on the court.  

I had the privilege to play in a Team that won State and headed to Sectionals in Rome GA on the hunt for a National bound trip. While we came up short in the end, to relive those youthful competition moments & feelings was such a thrilling time. 

To be teammates with old friends from my childhood tennis days as well as new friends I’ve made on the court over the last few years was a dream come true.





No comments:

Post a Comment