Friday, July 29, 2011

...to Glory

As I mentioned before, the Bank of the West Classic is the first tournament in the U.S. Open Series. These tournaments lead up to the U.S. Open (the 4th and final Grand Slam of the year) held in Flushing Meadows, NY in late August/early September.

The city line-up goes to a plethora of U.S. marquee locations including Atlanta, Carlsbad, DC, Cincinnati, Winston-Salem, and New Haven. The men and women are separated until they reunite in New York. While Wimbledon is the most pretigious of the 4 Grand Slams, the U.S. Open is arguably the most thrilling (according to my American bias ;) ).  

I have only been once back in 2000. I remember the rush of walking into Arthur Ashe Stadium and seeing the blue colored court, the crowds of people, and the neon yellow tennis ball being striked from side to side. I remember being giddy about the players, despite my boycott on celebrities. Again, the work ethic and determination that comes with a professional athlete gives me immense respect for their on-court performance. I am anxious to see how the road to glory goes this year.

Who will be #1 at the end of it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment