Dearest Adelaide Jane,
Wow! How are we here and you're 14 years old and in eighth grade?! I look at you and see a beautiful woman… I hardly recognize you as a little girl anymore. But I do cherish those moments when I see the little girl spirit or the innocence in your eyes. Or I hear the little girl giggle laugh when you find something truly joyful.
We spent the day before your birthday making meals and serving them at Franciscan Kitchen. I actually cannot think of a better way to have spent my Saturday morning with you. You were so eager to make the meals, shuck the corn, peel the carrots, dice the carrots and serve desserts. But the beautiful heart of gold you have inside shown so brightly as you greeted every single person in need who came through the door. You said hello. You look them in the eyes and then you gave them the best pastry that they could have.
I know some days you don’t feel beautiful on the outside, no matter how much I reassure you that you are… But the beauty that you resonate through who you are as a person is truly your greatest gift!
Over the last six months, you have put together an amazing fashion show to culminate summer camp at Gilda’s Club. From start to finish, you were out in the community asking for donated outfits, creating the run of show, styling the girls and boys, and MCing the entire event. Your level eight community project was a huge hit for all!
You wrapped up your first 14 & under short course and long course state....proving once again that you work hard and commit to achieving your goals. You also had the opportunity to represent Team Kentucky at zones for the second year in a row. I’m so proud of how hard you continue to work at swimming! You even received Most Improved Swimmer for Senior 2 at the Lakeside Summer Banquet!!
You have done such an amazing job of handling all that comes your way… and I know it’s not easy. However, you do it in a way that is authentically, beautifully you!
My wish for you is that you never let the world harden your heart you, you always continue to smile, and that you always find joy in the smallest of things!
I love you!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment