Friday, February 18, 2022

40 Before 40: A Birthday Bucket List

 



As I am entering my last year of my 30s, I wanted to give some purpose to this year. Spending my 39th year doing the things I enjoy most, with the people I love most, and relishing in the ability to live each day to the fullest. I have created a list of 40 things that I would like to experience before actually turning 40 next February 18th. Some are things that I have done before {just not in a very long time}; some are things that have been on the back burner for decades; some are things that seem simple yet mean so much; and some are things that can only bring about the nostalgic memories of my childhood.

The theme is time. Time with family; time with friends; time with myself. Because in essence, the greatest gift to give or receive is time.

Listed below are the 40 Bucket List items {in no particular order} that I plan to spend the next 365 days living. I will share this journey with you through pictures & words; my hope is that it will inspire you to spend your time with those who make your life the best it can be, doing the things that make your heart happy & creating lasting memories of your own!

1. Say a morning prayer daily for 365 days

2. Read 12 books

3. Visit 2 new states 

4. Travel to 1 new country

5. Go on a dinner & movie date with my dad

6. Write 40 notes to people who have influenced my life

7. Take 2 barre classes per month {for one year}

8. Book a full spa day for my mom & I

9. Go on a hot air balloon ride

10. Attend a University of Miami football game

11. Go to a UK basketball game in Rupp

12. Eat at a Hibachi Grill restaurant with our family

13. Play an adult tennis tournament

14. Wear my honeymoon bikini

15. Take my parents on a date night

16. Buy a Rolex watch

17. Dine at 4 new local restaurants~ Barn 8, del Frisco’s, Malone’s & the Pine Room

18. Have a girls day with KP in Lexington {The Blushery} and Louisville {The Omni}

19. Do drinks with girl friends at The Champagnery

20. Walk the Louisville bridge with the kids & have ice cream on the Indiana side

21. Opryland trip with family friends

22. Take Brighton to a PGA golf tournament

23. Go to an NFL game with Aspen

24. See the ballet with Salem

25. Go to a college gymnastics meet with Adelaide 

26. Take an adult trip to Kings Island

27. Do a white water rafting adventure 

28. Have a YES day with my kids

29. Go on a boat ride

30. Take a walk around all of Hurstbourne with my mom

31. Have a fancy picnic 

32. Go skinny dipping

33. Take a hike {locally}

34. Day trip to Bernheim Forest

35. Make a charitable contribution in each of my grandparents name 

36. Attend the Kentucky Derby Pegasus Parade

37. Create a vision board

38. Visit the Kentucky Castle in Lexington 

39. See a Legend in Concert 

40. Have a Date Night once per Month {for a year}


No comments:

Post a Comment