Sunday, December 13, 2020

The Thompson Christmas Bucket List: Wrap Christmas Gifts

Wrapping presents is one of my favorite things to do during the holidays. It brings me so much joy; the giving to others. I've been like this since I was a kid. Helping my mom wrap gifts for my siblings, my dad & my grandparents. Seeing the excitement & delight in their eyes as they opened gifts on Christmas day. 








The joy I see in my children's eyes as the rip open the wrapping paper as if the present will jump away is magic. Magic to see them with wide-eyed smiles & dancing in the air for the little tokens of love that they're receiving. 

I always wrap under the lights of the Christmas tree. Its glow brings a special kind of nostalgic magic to the experience. In recent years, I've added a festive beverage of Bailey's & egg nog to make for a nightcap. Placing the presents one by one under the tree to hear little voices the next morning guessing which wrapping paper will be theirs. Giggling to one another about their best ideas on what lies underneath the paper. To hear their innocence is to believe in the magic of Christmas. It is to remember the reason for the season and the greatest present we've ever been given~ the birth of Christ.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment