Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Aspen Michael: 6 1/2 Years Old

Dearest Aspen Michael,

My oh my son how you’ve grown! Even in a short 6 months since I last documented your growing age. You continue to grow taller. You continue to excel and learn at school. You continue to improve in your social anxiety and coping mechanisms. Your love of sports elevates daily. And your heart gets bigger & bigger with the passing time.  


 




You are flourishing in Kindergarten. Although we will move to NTI for a few weeks, I am so proud of how you’ve navigated a new grade with many different aspects to it this year. You’re reading beautifully and progressing with perfection. I am so proud of you. 






We have started a wonderful tradition of tennis together on Monday afternoons. We spend 30 mins to an hour on court working up a sweat and laughing at ourselves & each other. This simple one on one time is truly cherished and I love the smile on your face as we play together. Between the cross court drills and the Gatorade breaks, we are having a ball. 

You continue to make great progress with Ms. Sherri learning to control your emotions and anxieties. Your make shift Nintendo controller drawing as served as an excellent tool to remember to STOP and press PAUSE. You have noticed your progress too and the pride you have when you use your tools to help you is contagious. 








You have become a little social butterfly making all sorts of new friends in so many areas of life. You genuinely enjoy life and everything that comes with it. 

Aspen, you are a sweet soul who loves your mommy so much. For that I am forever grateful that God chose me to be your mom!

I love you!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment