Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Kentucky Derby 145: Run for the Roses


We hit the *super*-fecta this year with Derby fun! I was lucky enough to go to the track three Times. Once with family, once friends & once with couples. Each day was a completely new experience from luxury suites to 300-level clubhouse to 100-level clubhouse box. For the first time in my life, I feel like I saw & enjoyed every aspect of Churchill Downs and Kentucky derby 145.

On Oaks Day, we enjoyed getting dolled up and having brunch at HCC. They do such an amazing job with events that I wanted to treat the kids to something Derby-esque. They even treated their classmates to Derby themed cookies from Sweets by Millie.

The kids has several Derby outfits that they enjoyed sporting to school and around town last week. I had a ball planning outfits, fascinators & hair dos for the week. Each look was different and unique which was more fun than I could I have imagined. Derby 145 was certainly one for the books. And while the outcome wasn’t conventional, the tradition of the Kentucky Derby never ceases to amaze this hometown girl.

 
 
 




 











 







 















No comments:

Post a Comment