Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fighting Fair

Our presenting couples gave us a little cheat sheet for fighting fair. 8 bullet points for attempting maturity during heated battle.

Rules for Fighting Fair


1. Due to my past experiences, I am very good at NOT name calling. There is nothing productive that comes from calling your signigifcant other a jerk, a$$-hole, b*tch, etc. The only thing name calling does is hurt feelings and breed resentment.

3. Ah, one of my biggest flaws. I am not always the best at letting the past go; it is that little gnat that you think has been swatted off to its death only to buzz right in your ear when you least expect it. But I have learned that it is just as damaging as name calling to your love.

5. I'd like to think I have outgrown this little tactic (in fairness I've come a longggg way), but in the most heated of arguements, I often find myself 'throwing land mines' as Ryan likes to say.

6. Ingrained in my mind for years. The thought of not waking up or the other person not waking up scares me silly so I try to kiss & make-up before falling asleep.

Now for a special insider scoop on how to fight fair when all else fails...

That's right folks, they say to argue naked...

No comments:

Post a Comment