Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sandy Cheeks...Win, Place, or Show


And they're off...












This past Saturday we spent a day pretending to be back in the bluegrass. There's nothing like a fancy hat, bourbon, and fast horses on a lovely afternoon to make you feel right at home.

Del Mar track was on our list of things to do, but with such a short season, I wasn't sure that we would be able to pull it off. Much to my surprise we did, and we only lost $20 (if you don't include food and booze). And the best part is that we almost became rich a few times. If only those long shots could get 3rd instead of 4th, I'd be engaged, debt free, and certainly not sitting poolside watching water polo coaches scream about a game that determines if they place 27th or 28th. Nonetheless, that's why they call it gambling I guess!


Can you tell who has been to the track before according to the pics below?

My Boys


My Man













No comments:

Post a Comment