Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tay-T-Bees (aka the little devil)



For the most part, I have realized how difficult it is to actually plan what I am going to write about each day. Mainly because my writing comes from the heart and soul; thus whatever is on my mind causes gushing words and thoughts to pour into my fingers and out via keyboard.

About a week ago, my baby sister asked 'when are you going to blog about me?' In her defense, she is probably the only sibling I have that actually reads this thing. (I know what you are thinking...I know for a fact that she reads it because she sent me a lovely email expressing how much she loved it.) I tried explaining to her that when she moves me, I will write about her.

I neglected to say that she moves me daily. 7 years separates us from birth, but in many ways we are identical twins. Personality-wise, our similarities are uncanny. Emotionally, we are both wrecks at times ('got the crying genes). Physically, we teeter year-by-year as we both mature and develop.

But my favorite things about her are the things that make her Tay-Tay. She has the most beautiful artistic ability that encourages me to be more creative. Her sense of humor is corky but appropriate. My personal favorites are her voice impressions of famous people (mainly the man from VH1's Lives of the Rich & Famous used to taunt our brother).

When I left home, she was only 11yrs old. Time after time, I would come home to see how much she had matured. She was no longer the 'little devil' who played the baby card. She was a teenager...then a woman. She discusses things with a wordly-insight that I enjoy hearing. She inspires me to be a better sister, a better person.

And I know that she will do extraordinary things with her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment